"Silver rain was falling down, on the dirty ground of London Town."

~Paul McCartney
David, Nick, Sarah, Colin, Kathryn, Me, Rollie, Jenny, Jessica, Joel, and Nicole!


I almost feel as though spring is upon us here in London, it has FINALLY begun to warm up, now if it would just quit raining! Rain is as common in London as in Seattle, and I am starting to wish I had packed my wellies!



Saturday was Valentine's Day, so Kathryn, Emily, and I went out on a little date together. We ended up dancing, and it was jolly good fun, although I, for one, sh
ould not quit my day job- Grace Kelly I am not!

Kathryn and I on Valentine's Day!

Today the class took a little field trip to the Banquet Hall where King Charles I was beheaded. Charles was the son of James I and VI (first King James of England of Ireland, s
ixth King James of Scotland).Charles reined from 1625 until his execution in 1649 by members of the uprising Parliament during the English Civil War. He is remembered for his belief that kings were little gods on Earth and basically bringing about the war in his quest to create a religiously unified Scotland, Ireland, and England. Didn't really work out, and he ended up losing his head. He was succeeded by Oliver Cromwell.


The Banquet Hall (where little Charlie's head was parted from its frame!)


The central painting of the nine panel Charles had commissioned.
This painting depicts his father James being welcomed into heaven as a God!


Joel, Emily, and Kathryn chatting it up in the hall.

It was an interesting little tour, and the Hall is near
Trafalgar Square, an area I definitely want to explore on my own!

Today Kathryn and I were studying when we heard a strange thump on our door. It seems one of our host family's dogs wanted to be let in. Rackey knocked once, and waited politely until Kathryn opened the door when he bolted in and settled onto her bed. So cute!





2 comments:

Kristi said...

I miss you! :(

Deanna Huddle said...

Those eyes look like "deer in the headlights!" Eek!!!!!!

Copyright @ A Single Step | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger