"If you don't wanna get me on my mo-Bile, don't call me on my mo-Bile!"

~Phoebe Buffay

I finally got the whole cellphone (or as they say in England, mobile phone) thing figured out, and yesterday it seemed I was on it nonstop! First to figure out where to meet people, and the
n because I had the unfortunate stupidity to lose my Oyster Card. An Oyster Card is the key to life in London, it lets a weary traveler onto all the buses and tubes in the London area, losing it means buying tickets, and waiting them to mail you a new one. This is more than a slight inconvenience. They sometimes reimburse you though, so I am keeping all my tickets so hopefully I can get some poundage back - tube tickets are EXPENSIVE! Besides that, yesterday was a rather fun day of mindless meandering! We found some graffiti drawn by Banksy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banksy) and snapped a picture by it.




CCTV (Closed Circuit Television) are the security cameras that cover nearly every square inch of London, making the UK the CCTV capital of the world! So don't pick your nose... someone IS watching.

4 comments:

Deanna Huddle said...

Why do they call it an Oyster Card?

Log home living said...

Hey Katie~ I just got on your blog and it's fun to see you here! You are going to have a wonderful experience there I'm sure..I love your quotes! I'll keep checking back-
-and your mom's question? mine too??

Katie said...

I have no idea, Your guess is as good as mine! I suppose the little transport symbol sort of looks like an Oyster... Its just a blue card that says Oyster on it, who knows why!!

Deanna Huddle said...

The kids say that the picture is gangsta! They also want you to post a picture of your host family's house.:)

Copyright @ A Single Step | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger