"Now sweetly lies old Ireland, Emerald green beyond the foam, Awakening sweet memories, Calling the heart back home."

~Irish Proverb

Another post for your viewing pleasure, all typed with one hand as Miss Shirley is in one arm and Rhia is playing on my legs, so I will probably have serious knee problems at a very young age. I have to admit, as cute as Harv is, having him stay at Granny Opal's all day has made this a very quiet and easy day. I don't know how I am supposed to leave these little girls on Monday, they have completely stolen my heart!

Two weeks ago, Cormac and I ventured to Charles Fort together and had a dandy time, below are the photos from our adventures!

Above: Model of Charles Fort.
Below: A little bit of the
real deal.



Cormac, hard at work guarding Charles Fort.

Charles Fort was constructed in the late 17th century on the site of an earlier coastal fortification, and guards the entrance to Kinsale Harbor. It was built to protect the harbor from use by the Spanish and French.

Walking the line.

Enjoying the ample opportunities provided by the fort.


It was beautiful the day Cormac and I went to visit the fort, hard to believe it started dumping buckets of rain a mere three hours later! That's Irish weather for you, suncream one minute, pulling on your wellies the next!

Peek-a-boo!

Cormac pushed me down the hill, and it was a bit of a struggle to get back up!




Seriously cute!



On the walk back to Kinsale


After we had thoroughly explored Charles Fort, Cormac and I walked back to Kinsale. The walking path that Cormac usually took was closed, and he didn't know how to get back without taking it. So we of course ignored the sign and hopped over the wall. When we caught up to the construction crew working on the pathway, they all glared at us so Cormac cheerfully waved and said hello. Then we hurried on our way without looking back!

2 comments:

Deanna Huddle said...

What a beautiful spot!

Michelle said...

Those kids are so adorable! Add me as a friend on blogger, btw. :) Can't wait to see you!

Copyright @ A Single Step | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger