"For the young Gaels of Ireland are the lads that drive me mad, For half their words need footnotes, and half their rhymes are bad."

~Arthur Guiterman

I really could use footnotes for about half of what people say to me. I am continually saying "I'm sorry, what?" or "Pardon?" or just looking at them with a completely blank stare.

Cormac and Harvey, exploring Timoleague Abbey


Founded by the Franciscan order in 1240 A.D.,Timoleague Abbey was built on the site of a monastic settlement founded by Saint Molaga in the 6th century.



The abbey was extended by Donal Glas McCarthy in 1312, and by Irish and Norman patrons in the 16th century. The monks were dispersed by the Reformation, but returned in 1604.


In 1612 the abbey was sacked by English soldiers who also smashed all of the windows, but much of the significant architecture remains. The friars remained in the abbey until 1629.


Cormac and I. Photo courtesy of Harvey.
Harvey and I. Photo courtesy of Cormac.



Harv and Rhia, playing with the webcam!


1 comment:

Deanna Huddle said...

Wow - Harvey's a pretty good photog! How did you get out that window in a skirt??

Copyright @ A Single Step | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger