“In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their own language”

~Mark Twain

On the Tuesday of our Parisian adventures, Emily, Kathryn and I headed to Versailles, the grandiose palace once inhabited by flamboyant French royalty, such as Louis XVI and his Austrian wife, Marie Antoinette. The palace was excessively extravagant, which made it very fun to wan
der around!

Above: One wing of Versailles.
Below: Golden Gates of Versailles.


The halls of Versailles.




Emily, Kathryn and I imitating the art.

In Marie Antoinette's Gardens at Versailles.

Our day at Versailles was amazing, although very chilly, and I am so glad I got to go! The next day we went to the Louvre, and sorry if I offend an art lovers out there, but the Mona Lisa = LAME. Seriously small and overrated, if you wanted my opinion. But the rest of the Louvre was awesome, and the building itself is a work of art!

Above: The Pyramid of the Louvre!
Below: The front of the Louvre.



My favorite statue, he looks mischievous.

Then on Thursday it was time to go home to London, and as fun as Paris was, we were all happy to return. On a side note, I saw a sign the other day urging the people of London to conserve water "Because it's all that stands between us and the French." Sums the way the French and the English feel about each other quite eloquently.

No comments:

Copyright @ A Single Step | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger